Sunday 28 June 2015

Stencil Sunday

Hello,

Over on the Paperartsy blog they are up to topic 12 for the challenge which this time is stencils.

Here is a giant size 12 tag I created for the challenge which was very much inspired by Leandra's tag in the video:

Created the background using a store card and Fresco paints in Wisteria, Hint of Mint and Ice Blue.

Stamped the flower stalk from Lin Brown set ELB16 then used the co-ordinating stencil to colour the flower head using Pansy, Snowflake, Bougenvillia and Rose. Then stamped the flower head, not perfect which is a bit annoying but close enough I guess!

Next I added Grunge Paste tinted with Guacamole through another Lin Brown stencil, once dry I added some Hey Pesto in places. I also coloured the flower stem with Hey Pesto.

Some more stencilling in the background using white paint and a couple of TCW stencils including the little butterfly done with the leftover flower head paint.

A bit of extra stamping with the little circle stamps from the same plate using purple ink.

I stamped the quote out from ELB05, cut it out, edged with black and added to the tag.

Finally I edged the whole tag with black ink to finish.

Biggest tag I've ever made lol but I kinda like it :)

Claire xx

 

 

 

12 comments:

  1. I love these jumbo tags, and that huge flower suits it perfectly! Great tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sized tag really suits that huge flower, it's lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning tag Claire. Love that flower.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning tag Claire. Love that flower.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fabulous Claire! Love all the stencilling and I like the slightly offset stamped flower. It reminds me of a style of printing from magazines.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, Claire, I love that flower head!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful tag, lovely the flower and colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty and like Lesley I love that the flower hard stamp is slightly offset, it gives such depth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flower shines out from the lovely background, great tag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and the girl below is fab as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous tag. Love the backround and the flower is stunning.

    ReplyDelete