Monday 22 June 2015

Fathers Day Fun!

Hi and welcome to my blog today!

Yesterday was Fathers Day and I'd like to share the card I made for my Dad.

I started by creating the background using Paperartsy Frescos in Banana, Tangerine Twist and Carribean Sea from the most recent Lin Brown paint set.

Then I did some stencilling, I used three different The Crafters Workshop stencils (TCW554s, TCW525s and TCW457s) with Snowflake paint and Walnut Stain distress ink. Then did a little bit of stamping with Finnabair dirty walls stamps.

I stamped the tree, which is France Papillion for Stampotique, using black archival (it's very first inking!)

Added some bits of TH tissue tape then die cut the sizzix lattice shape from card. I coloured this with Walnut Stain distress ink then added Treasure Gold in Olive Bronze.

Distressed the edges and inked those with Walnut Stain ink also. I added the sentiment, which is by Inkylicious, to the card using the tiny attacher.

I mounted it onto some dark brown card which I had distressed the edges of before adding to a cream card blank.

Dad liked his card, but he is usually slightly biased!!

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:

  • Artist Trading Post - this month the challenge is all about The Crafters Workshop stencils, I've used a few here that I bought recently from ATP as they have a special offer on them at the moment in their online shop. Visit their blog HERE.
  • Mixed Media World - this month the theme is Masculine/Fathers Day check out their blog HERE.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today,

Claire x

 

 

 

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure your Dad was thrilled with his card, the stencilling is just beautiful. Think I need that lovely lattice die lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! Great colours and lovely use of the stencil - really cool! Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card, love the background! Thank you for sharing it with us at Mixed Media World! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete