Sunday 21 June 2015

Circle Journal Page

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for stopping by today - I'd like to share my very first page in a new journal I made for a circle journal group.

This is the very first circle journal I have ever taken part in - there are seven of us in the circle, each person has made a journal which will travel around the country with each member creating a page or pages and eventually it will end up back with it's original owner.

I decorated the first page in my journal and incorporated the current theme over at Paperartsy which is 'Hidden Objects' Check out the Paperartsy blog HERE for all the details and DT makes.

The background was created using the limited edition Lin Brown Fresco paints plus Snowflake.

I also used a Lin Brown stencil to get those lovely big flowers in the background.

I did some background stamping using second generation cornflower blue archival with a Lynne Perella script stamp and a Sara Naumann stamp, then created splatters using watery black gesso.

I stamped the twiggy image a few times from a Hot Picks set, then layered on some old book paper, some hessian type ribbon and a piece of left over plaster material.

Next for my 'hidden object'.....I took a little envelope that came with a tag inside. I stamped the front of the envelope with some Hot Picks stamps and then did some more stencilling and splattering.

For the tag - I have chosen not to show my hidden tag as it contains my circle journal rules which I want to keep a secret from the rest of my circle journal friends.

But I basically colourised and stencilled the tag to match the rest of the page and stamped on some rules for my journal that must be followed :)

Then I added the trees ribbon to the top of the tag so that it can be easily removed from it's little envelope for people to read.

A couple more photos:

Thanks for looking!

Claire x

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Love the softly blended colours - so pretty - and the envelope pocket with the fab vintage stamping is really cool.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Claire, I love the soft background,
    Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete