The new challenge on the Paperartsy blog this fortnight is 'bottles'
You can check out the blog HERE and see some of the fab projects that have been posted so far.
Here is my altered bottle for the challenge:
So here is how my bottle started out - it was a reed diffuser air freshener:
It was ok, but pretty plain and boring.
I washed it out and once dry poured Guacamole Fresco paint into it and rolled it around until the whole of the inside was covered.
I left that to dry and set about altering the top part.
I gave it three coats of Vanilla Fresco paint to give good coverage over the original wooden colour.
Originally I had added ribbon around the top but it just didn't look right so I took that off and replaced it with some Tim Holtz tissue tape.
Then I added Olive Bronze Treasure Gold all over the top with an old paintbrush:
I like how it almost looks a bit like stone now. I added some twine around the neck of the bottle with a heart charm. Then I found a teeny tiny tag in my stash and coloured it with Distress Ink in Brushed Corduroy and Shabby Shutters before adding a tiny Tim Holtz rub on crown.
And here it is in it's planned location in the conservatory - which is green so it looks good in all it's Guacamole glory:
Thanks for looking today!