Saturday, 20 April 2019

Paperartsy Maps and Plans

Hi Everyone,

I'm sharing a project over on the Paperartsy blog today - the challenge topic for this fortnight is Maps and Plans.

I have loads of old maps lying around - the challenge for me was which ones to cut up!!

I chose to make a couple of coasters - I used a range of products including washi tape, infusions, JoFY stamps and Tim Holtz chit chat stickers.

If you'd like to check it out please hop over to their blog HERE and take a look :)
Hope everyone is having a lovely Easter weekend,
Claire x

Monday, 14 May 2018

Paperartsy - New Challenge Topic!

Hi Everyone,

There is a brand new challenge up on the Paperartsy blog for the next fortnight - Vintage Neutrals.

I'm sharing these tags tonight over there made using a neutral/brown colour palette with a grunge paste combo for texture:

I'd love it if you popped over and took a look :-)

Claire xx

Wednesday, 21 February 2018

Blooming Lovely New Tracy Scott Stamps

Hi Everyone,

Tracy Scott has some beautiful new stamps out with Paperartsy in the new release for 2018.

I'm over on the Paperartsy blog HERE tonight sharing a watercolour style card created with the new stamps.

The watercolour challenge is running til the 4th March so come along and join in!

Thanks for dropping by,
Claire xx

Sunday, 3 September 2017

JoFY Stamps and Distress Oxides......

Hi Everyone,

Today I am sharing a birthday card created using Paperartsy JoFY stamps and distress oxide inks.  I am linking this card up to the current challenge over on the Paperartsy blog which this fortnight is all about hybrid inks.

So here is my card, it's 7x7 inch square:

I created a distress ink masterboard, which I then used for the leaves, flowers and the word 'happy'

All the stamping on the card was done with distress oxide ink except the blank ink which is versafine.

The stamps are all from the JoFY range by Paperartsy and are from sets JOFY 26, 53 and 54.

I cut out some of the additional flower elements from other sections of the masterboard to create more colour contrasts in some of the flowers.

Here are a few more photos:

Thanks for stopping by my blog today, please feel free to leave me a comment below so I know you called by :-)

Claire xx

Saturday, 22 July 2017

Aqua Challenge - for Paperartsy

Hi Everyone,

Tonight I am on the Paperartsy blog sharing three ATC's created for the 'aqua' challenge.  I used some Kim Dellow stamps and stencils from her line at Paperartsy along with Fresco Finish paints.

Here are a couple of photos - but to see the whole project please pop over to the Paperartsy blog HERE.  There are still a couple of days left to join in the challenge!

Thanks for looking,
Claire xx

Tuesday, 13 June 2017

New Stamps Released - Tracy Scott for Paperartsy

Hi Everyone,

I am so happy to be able to share with you that I was lucky enough to have been chosen to create a project using the brand new stamps Tracy Scott has designed for Paperartsy - which are available right now.

Tracy has created three beautiful stamp sets which are great for both card making and journalling.

Here is a card I created using elements from two of the sets....

I created this by stamping the flowers and leaves onto watercolour card, then coloured them using my Ecoline pens, then I fussy cut the elements and arranged on the card.

I added the black repeating element underneath for contrast and to ground the flowers a little bit.

 I mounted all the flowers, leaves and also the card front onto the card blank using foam pads to give extra dimension to the card.

This was such a fun project to create - there are loads of stamps that I didn't get to use from this release.  

Hop on over to the Paperartsy blog HERE to see what Tracy and Carol have created and to see the release in full!

Thanks for looking,
Claire xx

Sunday, 7 May 2017

Found Objects Canvas

Hi Everyone,

The current challenge over at Paperartsy this fortnight is 'found objects' you can check out all the challenge info HERE but today is the final day to link up!

I decided today to dig out an old canvas to use - I have them in various shapes and sizes and they tend to sit neglected most of the time as I favour creating in my journal.  The canvas I chose to use was 8x8 inches and I decided to create it using shades of blues and greens:

I started by gathering my 'found objects' which were mainly old tissue paper, sticks and twigs, some old beads etc:

I started by adding the crumpled old tissue to the canvas using matt medium - creating lots of crinkles and texture.  Then I used grunge paste through a TCW stencil then at the last minute decided to add extra grunge paste with my finger and sprinkle mini art stones from Prima into it (these go everywhere and are a pain to clear up!) :

At this stage I didn't really have much of a plan but couldn't decide what to do with my twigs.....I tried placing them on in various compositions but they didn't really look right so I abandoned them for another day!

Next I added colour - I used Paperartsy Frescos in Mermaid, Bora Bora, Jade, Green Patina and South Pacific:

Then I added Snowflake - both dry brushing it on to highlight the texture and then splattering it too. 
I found the lovely chipboard word quote from Scrapiniec in my stash and used it to arrange the beads around then stuck them down using Prima 3D Gloss Gel. 
I embossed the chipboard quote using white embossing powder with a little gold sprinkled on too.

Next came lots of faffing with treasure gold everywhere!  I used Renaissance and Olive Bronze - it really picks up the textures.  I also brushed some over the beads and a little on the quote too.

The top photo here was taken indoors in my craft room, and the bottom one out in the garden - it's a pretty dull day here today so quite difficult to take a good photo but I hope between the two of them you can get a good idea!

Thanks for looking,
Claire xx