Saturday 27 June 2015

Blue Girly

Hello all,

Here today to share a journal page I created to practice my face drawing.

So here is the finished page:

I started by sketching her out in pencil:

Then used Paperartsy Fresco paints to colour her:

I used Buff, Snowflake, Irish Cream, Toffee, French Roast, Blush and Rose paints. Then added black and white pen to her also.

Next onto the background, for this I added Southern Skies and South Pacific Frescos using a baby wipe. Then did some stamping using some Clare Lloyd stamps with white pigment ink.

Finally I doodled the quote around her - in case you can't read my scrawl it says 'When it rains look for rainbows. When it's dark look for stars.'

I'd like to link my face up at Kim Dellow's blog HERE and also over HERE at Paint Party Friday :)

Thanks for looking,

Claire x

 

7 comments:

  1. Oooh this is fabulous Claire, well done indeed, I can't draw so it's amazing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabClaire! Love her! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet face!!! Thanks for sharing.... I'm slowly getting around to the PPF pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute!! Thanks for sharing your process!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful page, Claire. I'm sorry it's taken me ages to get round to visiting. It's so hot! Love the colours you used and how beautifully you painted her. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant Claire! Love her and thanks for sharing stages too, I always love seeing how people put their art together.
    Thank you for linking it up to Show Your Face last week, sorry I'm late coming around to leave some blog love! Thanks for the shout out too. Kx

    ReplyDelete