Monday 20 April 2015

Trading Post ATC

Hello,

Today I'm sharing an ATC I made a few days ago but completely forgot to blog it.

I created it to join in with a brand new challenge format over at the Artist Trading Post blog which you can find HERE. The first challenge is to create an ATC inspired by the trading post and there are some photos for inspiration too.

So here is my ATC:

I started with an ATC sized piece of card and then used the wrinkle free distress technique to colour it using Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain inks. Then I added some Shabby Shutters around the edges to give it a more weathered look.

I used an old Tim Holtz stamp set called lost and found, stamping the script in the background with second generation Walnut stain ink and then the main image using black archival.

I then bleached out the children, numbers and the word memories using water and kitchen paper.

For the texture around the edges I mixed some Grunge Paste with a little bit of Cinnamon primary pigment and spread around the edges creating some texture in it with my palette knife as it dried.

Once totally dry I went it with a brush and some Olive Tresure Gold to give all that texture some highlighting.

Thanks for looking,

Claire x

 

8 comments:

  1. I really like how you've done your textured edge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great background and amazing ATC, Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the grunge paste edging. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous ATC Claire, love the added texture to the edges.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ATC is fantastic Claire, I especially love the 'bleached out' element and the textured edge is brilliant! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your Tag Claire, the GP edge is a fantastic idea as is the bleaching out of the children and numbers, a great look :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ATC Claire, thank you for entering it in the ATP Exchange Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore this image, and I love the subtle highlighting you've given it. Great ATC.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete