Thursday 23 April 2015

Art it Friday

Hello,

I saw on Kim Dellow's blog that she is hosting 'Art it Friday' and she has been bitten by the portrait bug! So I thought I would give one a go - not what I usually do but it is really something I enjoy and would love to practise more!

So I created a page in my small Dylusions journal, started with a piece of washi along the spine and a bit of grunge paste stencilled through a Paperartsy stencil. Then set about colouring the background using the new limited edition JOFY paints, which are new to me, adding the colours with a babywipe. I used all four of the colours on here as I wanted to try them all out :)

Drew my girl in pencil and coloured her using neo colour crayons - I debated leaving her in black and white but now she's coloured in I'm glad I didn't.

So here is my page:

A little bit of stamping with a couple of Prima Finnabair stamps and a smidge of harlequin stencilling in the background. Then added the quote and a couple of little doodles using a black micron pen.

Thanks for looking,

Claire x

 

4 comments:

  1. Oooh Claire your face and background are wonderful. Kim is opening her link tomorrow at 10 am, not sure if you knew what time... You draw beautifully, she has awesome eyes and fantastic hair. I am still on basic drawing and not using much colour lol.

    So glad you decided to join in :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the colours on this, Claire. It's a lovely face too. Oh and that sentiment really spoke to me at the moment too. :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Claire, she is wonderful! I love hair eyes and well done on colouring her. I think you made the right decision, she just pops off the background. Gorgeous page. I am so glad you could join in the fun, as Mo (MassOfHair) says I've got another linky opening today so do come and share your portraits again! Thank you so much for linking and for the shout out too. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's lovely, and I love the soft colours all around - great words to live by too!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete