Sunday 12 April 2015

Golden Petals

Hi, back again to share a last minute tag for the Paperartsy grunge paste challenge:

Started with a size 8 manilla tag and spread grunge paste through the Paperartsy Lin Brown stencil PS005 along one side.

I sprinkled gold embossing powder onto the grunge paste while it was still wet and then left overnight to dry naturally.

The next day I heated the embossing powder - I did it this way as I didn't want my grunge paste to bubble and distort - I wanted the flowers to keep their shape:

Next I sprayed my tag and craft sheet with water then added a few drops of Lavender and Marlin Fresco paints and dragged the tag through, dried it throughly, then repated this process a few times until I was happy.

Then I added the stamping in black archival from Lin Brown plate ELB01, heat set and added white highlights with my posca pen.

 

I edged the tag with black archival ink and then added the black ribbon to the top.

 

I've never embossed grunge paste in this way and have always heated it immediately so am happy that it turned out so crisp as I wasn't sure if the embossing powder might just brush off once the grunge paste dried.

 

Please visit the Paperartsy blog HERE to see all the other wonderful creations people have been making over the past three weeks!

Thanks,

Claire x

 

 

 

5 comments:

  1. oh, Claire, this looks great.. I am going to try this with the embossing powder very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh Claire, you've got great depth on this tag - lovely colour combo too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried this technique and i really loved how it turned out so i can see why you would want to use this again. Stunning Tag, love the colours you chose and your GP is beautiful :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how the gilding glows against the moodier colours - fab!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete