Thursday 22 January 2015

The Craft Barn Calendar Challenge - January

Hi everyone,

Today I'm sharing a calendar tag I created to join in with this year's new challenge over on The Craft Barn blog HERE

For January the theme is Aqua and Snowflakes so here is my tag:

The base of my tag is a blend of tumbled glass, evergreen bough and chipped sapphire distress ink. I then used a babywipe through a snowflake stencil to remove some of the ink for a nice wintery background.

For the stamping I used a set by Lindsay Mason, coloured with spectrum noir pencils and added glamour dust for a frosty feeling.

Finally I printed out a full years worth of mini monthly calendars onto vellum, I added the January tab and attached some gems to hide the glue.

 

I intend to create a tag every month with a little vellum calendar tab and then attach them all onto a bookring - well that's the plan anyway!

Thanks for stopping by,

Claire x

 

 

 

14 comments:

  1. Tagtastic first CB Challenge entry Claire, love what you have created, looking forward to seeing all mounted when done :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really beautiful tag Claire and totally in keeping with the weather we've been having around here this month, lol! Good luck with the challenge.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I wasn't taken with this challenge but seeing a few different ideas now I may have a go after all! Love your tag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great January tag! Love your snowflake background and the squirrel on the gate is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to do a tag calendar, and love the calendar part printed on vellum - might pinch that idea! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab tag, love how you created a scene and the squirrel is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The vellum calendar is a great idea, it did occur to me but only after completing my page! The scene looks lovely and perfect for a cold January.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tag! I love the blue background and cute squirrel sitting on the gate! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Claire and what a sweet little squirrel!! Thank you for joining The Calendar challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tag and what a good idea to use vellum. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely vibrant colour and I love the cute squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There's a lovely spare simplicity about this, perfect for winter.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete