Tuesday 20 January 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 3

Hello,

Here is my take on week 3 of the Documented Life Project, here is this weeks prompt - more info HERE:

January Theme

The Blank Page and How to Face It!

January 17

Art Challenge: The Color Wheel

Journal Prompt: "I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn’t say any other way . . . " - Georgia O’Keeffe

I started by covering my page with two Fresco paint colours - Vintage Lace and Moonlight. I then used the script stamp from Paperartsy's Sara Naumann plate all over the background in Snowflake paint.

I drew my umbrella on card and coloured the colour wheel onto it using distress markers. Then stamped the Dylusions woman onto both the page and some card. I used distress markers to colour her coat and cut it out and added her to the page before also adding the umbrella using a small brad.

I inked around the page edged with black soot distress ink and around the main images using a smudged charcoal pencil.

I stamped and cut out my quote for this week and added it to the page along with some more scribbly black fineliner pen.

Thanks for stopping by today,

Claire x

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Love your colour wheel brolly, such a great contrast to you neutral background and figure, really pops x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Claire, what a great idea to make the umbrella with the colour wheel. I have always loved that Dyan lady stamp, but have never inked mine up - I may just have a go now thanks to your wonderful inspiration! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Claire, love how you have used Dyan's couture lady she looks amazing on your delicate background. What a fantastic idea to use an umbrella as a colour wheel, afraid i can't read the sentiment but loving your whole page :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous grey shading on the coat, and what a rainbow of colour for the umbrella - great page!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete