Saturday 5 October 2013

Dictionary Challenge - Letter J

Hi everyone,

Well it's been a while since I blogged - I just don't know where the time goes to!!

So I didn't get my dictionary page for G finished in time so I was determined to get J done!

It was quite a hard choice - not too many words beginning with J in my dictionary - and then I had zero J stamps so in the end I decided to draw my J entry by hand (does not happen often!) and I chose the word JELLYFISH.

So here it is:



I used paperartsy fresco finish paints for the whole project, I tried to make it look like the light was shining down into the water from the top but not sure that turned out as I had planned.  I quite like how my jellyfish turned out tho - as they do almost look translucent as you can still see the dictionary words through them.
To see the challenge details or to see what others have chosen for J click HERE

Thanks for stopping by,

Claire x

11 comments:

  1. Great handdrawn jellyfish, I like the vibrant colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic word to chose ansd the jellyfish are gorgeous

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great jellyfish and watery background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a great word choice - and two glorious jellyfish. Lovely pages, Claire!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiwi in timbertown. Love the colours and it does look like the light is shining down into the water and catching the translucent appearance of the jelly fish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely jellyfish, you really feel as if in the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page and depiction of jelly fish. With painting like that you should be doing it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great drawing! Love your jellyfish. Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your gorgeous jellyfish, its very striking :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great vibrant Jellyfish hate it when I have no stamps to fit my word I had to revert to drawing this time.........well doodle drawing lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! Love the colours
    Thank you for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete