The Craft Barn Blog has set a new challenge for 2013 - the alpha challenge! All the details for the first challenge, which is the letter V, can be found HERE
I went to a few charity shops hoping to find a largish hard backed dictionary for the challenge but was out of luck - but I did find an ok sized one that was hard backed so not too bad! This is the first time I've ever altered a book or anything for that matter so I'm looking forward to seeing how my altered pages progress throughout the year :)
So my chosen word for the letter V was vampire:
I started by masking the vampire definition then giving my pages a light coat of gesso then I used distress stains in mustard seed, tumbled glass and faded jeans - moping some of the ink up with kitchen paper as I went so my pages didn't go too dark.
I used pumice stone distress ink around the edges of my pages and on the vampire definition. I drew in the gravestones and the bats with a black micron pen and added the border around the whole double page. Finally I printed an image from The Octopode Factory and coloured him using distress markers then fussy cut him and added him to the pages.
Thanks for stopping by, Claire x