Monday 26 November 2012

Christmas Blues


Today I would like to share a Christmas card I made using some clarity stamps:


 
I used the two holly stamps from Clarity in two different sizes, I stamped them with Adirondak denim ink.  The sentiment is by papermania and is also stamped in the denim ink.  I coloured the holly leaves using my distress markers mixed with water on my craft mat and applied with a paint brush - I used tumbled glass, stormy sky and a little chipped sapphire.
I mounted the panel up onto silver shiny card (which the camera did have some issues with!) and then mounted onto a white DL card blank.
I used quickie glue on the holly berries and on some of the leaves and sprinkled with glamour dust.
I was having quite a few issues with taking these photos, they were all coming out blurry and the colours aren't showing up great, so if anyone has any good tips they would be very much appreciated!  I'm using a reasonably decent camera (12MP) and have tried different locations and standing my cards at differnt angles etc but the photos don't seem to come out true to life :-( 
 
I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:
 
Pan Pastel UK - Challenge 46 is Frosty and Bright, all the details can be found on their blog HERE
 
CAS-ual Fridays - Challenge number 79 this time for a fortnight is winter blues, all the details can be found on their blog HERE
 
Thanks for visiting!
 
Claire x
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Pretty card! Love the sparkle! Thanks for sharing your Winter Blues project with us @ CASual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous holly card Claire, I love the non traditional blue and the sparkle on it. Thanks for linking to PanPastel UK this week.
    Hugs Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super design and I love that sentiment really perfect for our challenge this week.

    Good Luck

    Kerry DT Leader PanPastel UK

    ReplyDelete