Saturday 15 April 2017

Vintage UTEE Card

Hi Guys,

Over on the Paperartsy blog this fortnight the challenge is Resin/UTEE.  This is something I very rarely use - I don't have any Resin but I did have some UTEE which hadn't been used in an age so I dug it out to have a play!

I made this vintage style card using some Paperartsy stamps designed by Lin Brown:


I stamped the leaf from stamp set ELB33 onto cream cardstock using archival ink and then used about 4 layers of UTEE - which went everywhere!!

I waited until it was cool (plenty of cleaning up to do whilst waiting!) then gently bent the card to crack the UTEE and used potting soil archival ink to distress and age it further.

I created a background using infusions in Sleight Blue and Rusty Car and added some stamping from the same Lin Brown plate.


I mounted by background panel onto black cardstock and wrapped some twine around it then mounted it onto a card blank.

Then I added my UTEE leaf circle on top using foam pads to give extra dimension.


There are some great projects over on the Paperartsy blog HERE so make sure you check them out!

Thanks for stopping by,

Claire x




16 comments:

  1. wow, Claire, I love that leaf! I haven't used my UTEE in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh love it Claire, you got some lovely cracks in there too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Claire! Love the Infusions background as well as the gorgeous cracked disc. Lovely result!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, love the infusions background tied with string, great foil for the UTEE stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Claire, I love the cracks in the UTEE and the string is perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire,
    This is so pretty love the color combo. Your utee leaf in a circle is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you have created the background, the cracking is really effective. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enchanting card Claire!! Fabulous UTEE crack and design, I love it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is outstanding Claire, I love everything that you have done. The leaf looks real. What a great idea to crack the UTEE, and the background is so fabulous! Go to the top of the class! Xx 😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, I love the cracks in the UTEE.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love this Claire, cracking UTEE is a real fun technique one I use often as it gives such fabulous results. Yours is stunning.. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi thanks for the awesome post and I like this post very much. keep sharing the stuff like this may help the people like us.
    หวยชุดฮานอย

    ReplyDelete
  13. Titanium Pipe - A Practical Engineering Tool for Combining the
    The Titanium pipe, also titanium 4000 known as a double edge razor, is a high quality stainless titanium hammer steel handtool. titanium tv alternative The blade titanium wedding band angle is adjustable so guy tang titanium toner that it

    ReplyDelete