Saturday 24 October 2015

My Green Eyed Girl

Hi Everyone,

The challenge over at Paperartsy this fortnight is 'faces' I usually would have been straight to this kind of challenge but I've been away on my hols so just scraping in last minute!

So I looked at all the inspiration Leandra had lined up for us on the introduction blog post HERE and watched the video of Dina Wakley drawing a face - I'd never seen her doing faces before and decided to give her style of face drawing a try :-)

So I started out with a page that already had some background journalling on as she suggested - this is a page from my Birgit Koopsen workshop journal from a couple of months back:

I didn't take any 'in progress' photos but here's how it turned out:

I thought the background looked a bit boring but didn't want to overwhelm my girl so just added a little bit of stamping:

So there she is - my first Dina style, scribbly face. She's been drawn with a black Stabilo all pencil, painted using Paperartsy Fresco paints in Buff, Snowflake, Little Black Dress, Blush, Prawn and Jade. Her hair was painted with Tikka, Chutney and Snowflake. And the additional stamping was from Paperartsy hot picks plates 1501 and 1506.

I'd also like the link my girl over at Show Your Face on Kim Dellow's blog HERE

Thanks for looking,

Claire xx

 

 

 

 

 

7 comments:

  1. This is great Claire! Well done for getting an entry done in so little time! The background stamping is just right.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's lovely - and I really like the background colours too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the expression, and the colours you've used for the skin tones are fab too! Well done, she's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes for a brilliant page, I think you were right to add some stamping it makes the page complete.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Claire. Thank you for joining up to Show Your Face and sorry it has taken me so long to comment, I'm just catching up now! Kx

    ReplyDelete