Sunday 12 October 2014

New home card

Hi Everyone,

My little sister is moving out of our parents house this weekend into her first house!

I have combined this event with the Sprinkle of Imagination monthly colour challenge and made her a new home card.

Here is the colours for this months challenge:


I chose to use regal purple, zest of lime, off white and ebony black for my card:

I started with a normal 5x7 card blank and trimmed it to create the house shape. Then I painted it with Chalk Fresco paint for my off white colour. I cut a roof for my house and painted it with Eggplant Fresco paint (my regal purple) before punching the edge with a Fiskars punch. I also painted some corrugated card with the same Eggplant paint to use as the door then dry brushed the raised areas with the Chalk Fresco paint.

I stamped the leaves and bricks using black versafine ink - both are from Paperartsy Eclectica Darcy set 9. I coloured the leaves, the buttons and the grunge board letters using Zesty Zing Fresco paint.

I added the chit chat stickers to the roof and some bakers twine through the larger button. Then added the little green button to the door as the door handle.

Thanks for calling by my blog today, Claire x

 

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh loving all those colours together, the deep purple and lime green really work great. Fab card and love the corrugated front door xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quirky card Claire, I love the zesty lime green with the purple and those lovely little bricks. Great shape too! Love this. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute, loving the corrugated card door x

    ReplyDelete