Sunday 31 August 2014

Birthday Blues

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for popping along today. Next week is my sisters birthday, she's going on holiday for it so I'm giving her a card and present tonight before she goes.

She loves homemade gift wrap and made her own Xmas wrap last year (she's not into crafting at all so was a big deal for her lol!) so I thought I'd make her a card with co-ordinating wrapping paper for her birthday:

And here is the card and pressie together:

For both card and wrap I used one of Darcy's new stamp releases from Paperartsy - I love those flowers! On the card I used distress markers to colour the images, on the wrap I stamped with chipped sapphire distress ink and coloured the little dots with distress marker.

The card sentiment is from Paperartsy also but from a new JOFY plate - the happy was coloured using distress markers also.

Lots of white space and a very clean and simple style as that is the card style she likes best.

Well hopefully she'll like both card and present when I give them to her later on.

Thanks for calling by today,

Love Claire x

 

7 comments:

  1. Clean and simple and really beautiful. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's gorgeous! I am getting that stamp set soon...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, so fresh and clean looking. Love the co-ordinating gift wrap xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww that's perfect, love the clean and fresh look of it, really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh lovely and great wrapping paper too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning CAS card Claire, loving all Darcy's stamps it is difficult to choose which ones to use. Fantastic wrapping paper too :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete