It's been a while since I shared any dictionary pages for The Craft Barn Blog - unfortunately I simply didn't have time to do them with everything else that has been going on. I am really sad about this and am determined to finish all my pages - I only have 7 letters left so it isn't a huge ask at all. So today I will show you what I have been doing with my dictionary this week while I have been off work for Xmas :)
First of all I missed the letter B so here is the page I created using the word butterfly:
I created this using distress inks on the background (tumbled glass, salty ocean, shabby shutters and pine needles) then used stamps from the JOFY range by Paperartsy and coloured with promarkers.
Next up is X - not much choice in my dictionary so I went with Xmas:
The background was again created with distress inks (evergreen bough, pine needles, salty ocean and seedless preserves) I then used the silhouette stamps by visible image, stamped in black versafine. I added the snow and while highlights on the trees with a white posca marker pen.
Last but not least is I - I chose to use the word ink as it's very appropriate for me!
This was a very simple page to create. I took various types of inks I had on my desk and added them to the pages! So I used the ink splotches stamps from Inkylicious with various colours of distress, versafine, adirondak, and memento. Then I used a few of the Dylusions ink sprays to flick some ink at the pages too. I drew a border around the definition just so it was a bit easier to spot amongst all that ink!
Now finally onto the cover......this is something I've never attempted before - but I have to say I loved doing it and will definitely be doing this again at some point!
I took a paper pad of Webster's pages and chose five or six different pages from it, I then tore them up and added them in a patchwork fashion to the dictionary cover using multi medium. I then added some letter stickers from my stash to create the title then sealed the whole thing with a good coat of the matte multi medium again. To finish off I added a few bits and pieces of different washi tapes. I really love how this turned out - hard to believe it used to just be a boring old navy dictionary!
So I love how my dictionary now looks - just have to finish off the last few letters and then it will be complete :)
Looking forward to the new challenge The Craft Barn will be setting in 2014 - had a tiny hint so far but I haven't a clue what it will be!
Thanks for stopping by,