Monday 6 May 2013

Pink Seashells

Hello Everyone,

I've created this card to join in with a couple of challenges:

  • Clarity Stamp Challenge - this month the theme is "It's All In The Sentiment" for all the challenge details click HERE 
  • The Artistic Stamper - the May challenge is "Words" click HERE for all the challenge details

 


I inked up the centre square of card with victorian velvet and antique linen distress inks.  I then stamped the seashell corner stamp four times and coloured them in with distress markers, water and a paintbrush before cutting them out.  I stamped the sentiment in black archival and mounted it onto some pearlescent card.  I then arranged my seashell corners around the inked square and added the sentiment in the centre.  I took a piece of pearlescent card and dry embossed it and then lightly inked it using the victorian velvet distress ink, I mounted this piece onto pearlescent card also.  I created another panel using pink card mounted onto the pearlescent card again to go down the left side of the card.  All my elements were then mounted onto an 8x8 card blank.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today, I hope to see you again soon!

Claire x

6 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, that shell corner stamp is beautiful and I love how you coloured it. The embossing backing card really makes the shell frame 'pop' and the sentiment is fabulous. A real beauty of a card. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Claire. Thank you for entering the Clarity Stamp Challenge. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Claire!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at The Artistic Stamper!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely design, good luck in the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely and great colour too x

    ReplyDelete