I hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday - I'm pleased the snow that was forecast didn't materialize in the end!
Today I made a Valentine's tag for my husband - this will be our first Valentine's day as a married couple :) Although we don't usually make a big deal of Valentine's day we do exchange cards.
So here is the tag I made for him:
I used my Tim Holtz tag and bookplate die to cut the tag and the bookplate from white card, I then used dylusions in bubblegum pink, sunshine orange and postbox red with water to smoosh the tag, the bookplate and another piece of card for the heart. I used sequin waste with water and a white paint dabber on the tag background and then stamped a crackle stamp from indigoblu in gold and bronze ink. The heart is by papermania and was stamped in black versafine and cut out, I used this same stamp on the bookplate. I added the sentiment from Tim Holtz stickers and then added the bookplate on foam pads, then attached two screw brads. The heart was also mounted on foam pads and I used the sunshine orange to colour in the flowers in the heart. I added black soot distress ink around the edges of the tag and the heart then used the same dylusions colours to dye a piece of ribbon and added the bow on top.
I would like to enter my tag in the following challenges:
- Anything But a Card - The challenge this fortnight is 'share the love' all the details can be found here
- Sunday Stamper - Hels is also in a Valentine's mood as her theme is 'love and hearts' this week - her blog can be found here
- The Pan Pastel Challenge this week is 'love and romance' the challenge details can be found here
- The challenge over at Allsorts this week is Valentine's - their blog can be found here
- The Artistic Stamper have chosen 'hearts and flowers' for their theme this month - click here for all the details
Thanks for stopping by, Claire x