Friday 31 August 2012

Green Vintagey Florals

Hello, today I thought I would share a card I made for my sister's birthday:


 
The floral stamp is from papermania and is stamped in adirondak lettuce onto a fancy square cut using an xcut die.  The green background paper is just from my paper drawer not sure who made it.  The embossed border across the middle is from the pampered pets range by docrafts.
I got all the pieces of the card assembled and then distressed them all a bit using antique linen and vintage photo distress inks and added a bit of the lettuce in here and there too to tie all the colours together.  I layered it all up added the brown ribbon, the little happy birthday tag and a few pearls.
All done!
 
I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:
 
Hels Ink on My Fingers Sunday Stamper this week is "green" - you can find her beautiful blog HERE
 
Fashionable Stamping Challenges have chosen florals and handmade flowers as the theme this time around, you can find their blog HERE 
 
The Sweet Stop sketch this week can be found HERE and was a great sketch to work with.
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Claire x

4 comments:

  1. Akk, I just spent a year typing a message for you and Mr Blogger ate it! Right, think it said... (see, my memory is shot lol) LOVE the card, tis lush, as is the stamping in Adirondack, I neglect mine, thanks for the push to use them again... and thank you for joining in with the Sunday Stamper.... hope this posts!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeously grungy and I love this card Claire!Makes me want to go out and buy some papers like these!
    Have a good weekend.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely fresh quality to your card.
    Thank you for sharing with us at FSC this fortnight.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card and I know your sister will be so delighted! Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    ReplyDelete