Tuesday 5 June 2012

Father's Day

Seeing as Father's Day is just a couple of weeks away now I decided to have a go at a man's card - something I usually try to avoid at all costs!  I will need to make another one at some point as I will be giving a card to both my Dad and my Father in law, but at least I've made a start!



I created the background from a download of vintage postcards - I found these on the free vintage digital stamps blog here.  I scrumpled up the printed images a few times, ripped into pieces and made a college.  I then used antique linen and vintage photo distress ink to bring them all together and to highlight all the folds and creases.
I stamped the Eiffel Tower from Stampendous onto cream linen card, cut it out and rubbed vintage photo distress ink to the edges.
I cut a rectangle from the cream linen card and distressed it using antique linen, vintage photo and tattered rose distress inks.  I distressed the edges of the card with the blade of my scissors and added gold pen as a highlight.
I punched three circles and distressed them and added the word dad in gold.
I layered it all up and finished it with a piece of raffia as I felt a ribbon would make it look too feminine.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

The Stamp Man Challenge Blog - this fortnight over at the stamp man challenge blog the challenge is to 'make it for a man' details can be found here

Pan Pastel UK Challenge Blog - this week the challenge is to create something vintage, it doesn't have to use pan pastels - which is just as well as I don't own any yet but I am hoping to buy some soon!  Details of this challenge can be found here

Thanks for visiting, love Claire x

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful collage design Claire, thanks for sharing at PanPastel UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful, I love all of the layers and textures. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire

    What a gorgeous father's day card - love it! Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog too.

    Catch up again soon.

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete